Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”, “Terms”) govern the website use, located at www.aimwellnessmembership.com, and provision of Therapeutic Massage Services (both “Service”) by Abide In Me Therapeutic Massage Services (“AIM Massage Therapy”, “AIM”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Member’s acceptance of services from AIM Massage Therapy shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
AIM Wellness Membership Program:
It is our aim to establish a professional, safe, confidential and continual relationship with our Members to ensure the benefits of wellness support.
As Members are welcoming us into their homes, we pride ourselves in maintaining a professional, comfortable and trustworthy bond by making every effort to create a safe environment and experience for members and Therapists. Therefore, the program is an exclusive offer to those who have a preexisting connection with an AIM Consultant or AIM Licensed Therapist or who has been referred by a current member.
Subject to these Terms, AIM Massage Therapy hereby grants you a limited revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use its Service, in the manner intended by AIM Massage Therapy. Unless otherwise specified in writing, the Service is not for resale. AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right at all times and without notice to restrict and/or terminate your access to the Service (or any portion thereof) and modify or discontinue providing the Service (or any portion thereof).
AIM Massage Therapy provides Therapeutic Massage services to consumers, through which Certified and Licensed health and wellness professionals (“Massage Therapists”) treat Clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body; solely intended to relieve pain, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation and aid in the general wellness of Clients.
The AIM Wellness Membership program is an exclusive offer that allows Members the opportunity to conveniently choose from per session treatments and/or wellness packages purposed to encourage total relaxation, without the hassle of having to leave the house.
Individuals must register for membership, and be at least 18 years old, to become a Member of the AIM Wellness Membership program to benefit from our in-home Therapeutic Massage treatments. Individuals under the age of 18 years old are permitted to receive Therapeutic Massage treatments (please note that the Service is not for persons under the age of 13 years old); however, a parent or guardian must register for membership on their behalf. The parent or guardian is expected to remain present throughout the treatment.
If it is determined and confirmed, after registration, scheduling and/or payment has been remitted to AIM, that an individual is under the age of 18, AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to revoke membership and cancel the appointment.
AIM Wellness Membership is only extended to individuals in the New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties), Rockland County, Westchester County and New Jersey areas . Membership will not be accepted if an individual’s primary location to receive treatments is outside of the aforementioned parameter. If it is determined, after registration, scheduling and/or payment has been remitted to AIM, that the session location is not located within the boundaries of the specified regions, AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to revoke membership and cancel the appointment without refund.
Each membership request is reviewed by the admin team to ensure all individuals meet the above membership criteria. It can take up to 2 days to review pending requests. Potential Members will receive an email update with their membership status.
A Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from each client serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines. Please see our Health and Safety Guidelines section below for further details.
Members are asked to allow for an additional 15 minutes prior to and post their scheduled appointment time to allot for session setup, breakdown and/or consultation/feedback.
Your Therapist will be accompanied by their Assistant who will prepare you for your massage session. The Assistant will prep the session area, which includes setting up the equipment and soft ambient music, and be available to answer any questions you may have prior to the start of the scheduled session.
Once you are comfortable to receive your massage, your Therapist will proceed with your customized session, periodically asking how you are feeling. After the session, your Therapist will assist you off the chair or table and encourage you to take deep breaths, drink plenty of water and schedule an appointment to receive regular treatments.
In an effort to maximize the effectiveness of your massage session and to ensure a safe and comfortable treatment, prior to securing your first scheduled appointment, Members must complete a health and wellness Member Intake Form on the AIM Wellness Membership website. The information gathered will be used to verify any conditions that may restrict treatment and to determine wellness goals.
AIM Massage Therapists will use discretion to determine if treatment should be conducted and reserves the right to decline services if treatment is deemed unsafe for the Member and/or Massage Therapist. AIM Massage Therapy will not provide services to individuals who are intoxicated or experiencing a high fever, dizziness or nausea, were recently involved in an accident or recently had major surgery, has bruises, wounds or rashes, a contagious viral or bacterial infection or an advanced stage illness, or women in their first trimester of pregnancy, to name a few.
All information collected will be confidential and never shared with third parties without written permission from the Member.
Intake forms will be periodically reviewed for updates.
For first time sessions, Members are asked to allow for an additional 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time to participate in an initial consultation with their Massage Therapist.
For training purposes consultations and treatments may be monitored and recorded.
Health and Safety Guidelines:
For AIM Staff
- Each day upon opening for Service, each staff member will confirm he or she displays no signs of any infectious illnesses. AIM Massage Therapy will be responsible to take staff member’s temperature daily using a temporal thermometer.
- AIM Massage Therapy staff who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, who may be experiencing any compromising health symptoms or who have traveled internationally within the past 30 days will not be able to work until medically cleared.
- All staff are required to complete training in infection control and prevention prior to returning to work.
- All staff are required to wear both a face covering and face shield or eye protection any time they interact with a customer or while performing a Therapeutic Massage service.
- All staff are required to regularly wash and sanitize their hands and forearms, including before and after interacting with Members or Guests.
- In an effort to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, staff will cover themselves with appropriate protective clothing, including footwear, upon entry of a client’s residence or facility. Therapists are required to wear fresh uniforms and change between sessions.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients, or will use client’s own coverings if preferred. Used coverings will be immediately placed into a sealed compartment once sessions are complete.
- AIM will perform enhanced cleaning procedures, including 15 minutes between each service to thoroughly sanitize all equipment, supplies and areas.
For AIM Members
- Aside from the Member Intake Form required of all new Members, a Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from each client serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines.
- AIM suggests that all clients complete a health screening assessment, including a temperature check using a temporal thermometer, before proceeding with services with AIM.
- We ask that clients refrain from scheduling an appointment if they or a member of their household has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are currently experiencing any symptoms of any infectious illnesses.
- Clients should refrain from booking a treatment if they or any member of their household is under an isolation or quarantine order.
- Clients may request for verified proof of staff’s medical screening and training records prior to receiving treatment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will communicate with management ahead of time to inquire if any employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or other communicable diseases within 14 days of AIM’s intended visit. If infection is present, AIM will not perform services at the location until it is verified that no employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- AIM will not provide services to individuals who have bruises, wounds or rashes, a high fever, a contagious viral or bacterial infection or an advanced stage illness, to name a few. If it is determined that a client is experiencing any compromising health issues, AIM reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will not accept appointments with more than 10 attendees to receive service.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will arrange with management ahead of time the use of a private space that allows for physical distancing.
- To stay in accordance with social distancing protocols, clients should keep children, pets and others 6 feet away from the service area and equipment.
- Clients should provide a powder room or bathroom for AIM staff to prepare for the treatment.
- AIM will remain responsible for the cleanliness and disinfection of AIM provided massage linens and equipment and will maintain hygiene protocols for all staff. Though AIM is unable to control the cleanliness and disinfection practices at a client’s residence or facility, to ensure the protection of all, it is suggested and strongly encouraged that clients and management follow health and safety procedures set by health administrators, including cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and areas designated for Therapeutic Massage service.
- During their session with AIM, clients must wear a face covering that completely covers their nose and mouth, unless they are medically unable to tolerate such a face covering.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients. However, client’s own covering may be used if preferred.
- AIM will provide accommodations for clean and disinfected face coverings (client’s own covering may be used if preferred) during massage in prone (face down) position (e.g. cotton pillowcase or disposable face cradle covers draped in the face cradle) or avoid such positions altogether. Clients must wear face coverings when switching from prone to side or supine (face up) positions.
- All clients should thoroughly wash their hands prior to and after their treatment.
Scheduling and Payment:
Once an intake form has been completed and verified, Members will be prompted to schedule a massage session.
Members are required to schedule session appointments using our online portal. Members will be prompted to remit full payment of Service during appointment scheduling. An appointment is considered confirmed when payment is made.
Member acknowledges that massage treatments obtained through AIM Massage Therapy in all likelihood will not be covered under their benefit plan, the Medicare program, a state Medicaid program, or any health insurance plan whether government-sponsored or private. Member acknowledges and agrees that AIM Massage Therapy will not file any claims with their insurance benefit plan, the Medicare program, a state Medicaid program, or any other third party medical benefits program, and that the services received from AIM Massage Therapy may not be eligible for reimbursement under such plans.
Prices and Fees:
The prices listed on each Service are the standard fees for the listed sessions; which, at our sole discretion, we reserve the right to change at any time.
Listed session prices exclude taxes and fees. However, depending on Member’s jurisdiction, applicable sales tax and fees will be applied and reflected in the total price.
Schedule Changes, Cancellations and Refunds:
As a courtesy to our Therapists, we request a minimum of 24 hours notice from the Member be given to AIM Massage Therapy to reschedule a confirmed appointment. No refunds will be provided for any paid and confirmed appointments; however, prepaid payments will be used toward a rescheduled appointment time.
In the unlikely event that the Massage Therapist is unable to perform the Service due to an injury, illness, act of God or other cause beyond their control, the Massage Therapist will make every effort to secure a replacement Therapist. If a replacement Therapist can not be provided, AIM Massage Therapy will coordinate with the Member to reschedule a future session. Prepaid payments will be used toward the rescheduled appointment time.
Membership benefits are for active Members in good standing with AIM Massage Therapy.
- Half off treatment during birthday month
Limited to 1 session only. Benefit valid for the entire birthday month; commencing on the first day of the referenced month. However, will expire upon use and/or on the last day of the referenced month.
**If you sign up to become a Member during your birthday month (i.e. toward the end of the month), however your birthday has passed, AIM will allow the reward validation to commence one month from the time of approval.
- $10 off your next session for referring a friend to become a Member (referred friend will receive $10 off their first membership session)
Limited to 1 session only. Benefit will expire upon use and/or within 1 month of issue.
- Membership-only specials including newsletters, rewards and early promotional offers
- Post treatment consultations for continued wellness support
- For Reconnect Package sessions, Members are only permitted to bring one (1) guest per scheduled appointment.
Consent to Electronic Communications:
When you register with AIM Massage Therapy, we will send you a text message and/or email notification to keep you informed about your membership, including confirmations and reminders of appointments. By participating in the program, you agree to receive messages and notifications regarding your use of the Service. Messages and notifications are for informational purposes only.
If you wish to remove yourself from our message database, you may disable notifications by notifying us via text or email, using “STOP”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, “REMOVE” or “OPT-OUT” in the message subject line.
You acknowledge, understand and agree that when using the Service, you may be responsible for standard phone, data and messaging charges from your wireless carrier. Under no circumstances will AIM Massage Therapy be responsible for any wireless email, data, phone, or text messaging charges incurred by you.
You acknowledge that any terms between you and any third-party provider create no obligation or responsibility on the part of AIM Massage Therapy, and that AIM Massage Therapy is not responsible for any failure of warranty by any such third party. AIM Massage Therapy cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. You acknowledge that, depending on your mobile carrier’s service, it may not be possible to transmit a text message to you successfully. We have no liability for transmission delays or message failures.
AIM Massage Therapy is committed to promoting the welfare and well-being of the Member over and above any personal consideration.
Massage Therapists accept the responsibility to “do no harm” to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self and Members and to conduct themselves in a professional manner to provide the best possible treatment for Members.
AIM acknowledges to be honest in continual communication with the Member on policies and treatments.
AIM respects the confidential nature of the professional relationship with Members and acknowledges each Member’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
AIM upholds the highest standards to not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, physical makeup or sexual orientation.
AIM agrees to demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training.
As Certified and Licensed Massage Therapists, it is our responsibility to provide accreditation, maintain quality control and be accountable to the practice of Massage Therapy.
A suitable and safe area for the session to take place and a working electrical outlet must be provided by the Member.
Members are encouraged to give feedback to their Massage Therapist and to communicate during treatments.
Members are asked to allow for an additional 15 minutes prior to and post their scheduled appointment time to allot for session setup, breakdown and/or consultation/feedback.
Members are expected to make at least one appointment within 3 months of registration and/or their last session to be in good standing. If Member does not have an active account, AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to deactivate Members’ account. It is the Member’s responsibility to contact us directly for reactivation.
Disclaimer of Warranty:
You expressly acknowledge and agree that your use of this website, the applications, and any information or content contained on any of them and/or any services is at your sole risk and that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Service is provided “as is” and “as available”, with all faults and without warranty of any kind. AIM Massage Therapy does not make any representations, conditions or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness of a particular purpose, title, compatibility, security, accuracy, non-infringement, or usefulness with respect to the products or services. AIM Massage Therapy makes no warranty, representation or condition that the Service will meet your requirements; that the information, content, and data on the Service are accurate; that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; or that defects in the website, the applications and/or the information contained on any of them will be corrected.
The nature of each session is for the basic purpose of relief from stress and muscular tension. Massage services provided are not for the solicitation of sensual desires nor are a replacement for medical or psychological care or treatment.
AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to immediately terminate a booked session if the Member expresses any inappropriate behavior (including but not limited to drug use, excessive drinking, illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or sexual advances). The Member will be charged for the full price of the booked Service.
AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to cancel any membership at any time.
Limitation of Liability:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, each Member is responsible for his or her use of the Service, and any damages incurred by him or her or any third party that arise from or are related to the Service. The aggregate liability of AIM Massage Therapy for any damages, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, will be limited to actual damages proved, and not to exceed the amount paid by you to AIM Massage Therapy for the Service. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, AIM Massage Therapy will not be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AIM Massage Therapy will not have any liability whatsoever for any losses; costs or damages of any kind incurred or suffered by you as a result of services provided by any of the Massage Therapists accessed through the Service.
You represent that you have independently investigated the advisability of using the massage services made available to you by AIM Massage Therapy and the possible risks involved in using such services. You agree to maintain your own insurance covering such risks and will look solely to such insurance for reimbursement of any resulting damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify and hold AIM Massage Therapy, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys and agents, harmless against any loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and lost revenues) arising from any and all breaches by you of these Terms or any representation, warranty or covenant contained herein; any and all use of the Service not specifically authorized hereunder and on the Service; and any and all claims and actions against AIM Massage Therapy by other parties to whom you allow access to the Service.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you further waive, release and forever discharge AIM Massage Therapy from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from your massages or any other service obtained through the use of the Service, including injuries or damages caused by the negligent act or omission of the released parties or in any way arising out of or connected with the Service.
AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without our written consent.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, our practices or your dealings with this Service, please contact us using the form below.
By submitting your registration for membership and scheduling your session you are indicating that you understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
Updated: July 15, 2020